Instead of picking up a roast chicken from the supermarket or buying those pre-packaged cooked chicken, make this simple basic chicken recipe infused with Asian flavours for salads, wraps or sandwiches during the week.
Makes approximately 4 cups of cooked chicken
4 whole chicken legs
½ ounce ginger, sliced
3 cloves garlic, bruised
4 green onions, cut in half
- Season chicken with Kosher salt.
- Place a trivet in the inner liner of an electric pressure cooker and add 1 cup of water. Loosely place the chicken, green onion, ginger and garlic on top of the trivet.
- Close and lock the lid, making sure the steam knob is on Sealing/Locked. Pressure cook on high for 15 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done, quick release the pressure.
- Remove the chicken and place in a large bowl of ice water for about 10 minutes. This will stop the cooking.
- Shred the chicken to use in salads, sandwiches and wraps.
Remember to save the broth at the bottom of the pot to use in other meals by refrigerating or freezing.