Making mashed potatoes has never been easier than with the Instant Pot. Here is another easy Flolum Everyday recipe.
Easy Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes
5-6 whole potatoes, skin on
1 cup water
1/4c half & half
1T sour cream
salt & pepper
- Place the washed whole potatoes on a trivet in the Instant Pot. Add 1 cup water and season with salt.
- Close and lock the lid, making sure the sealing knob is on sealing. Start the recipe program.
- Once the cooking is done, you can release the pressure by the quick or natural pressure release.
- Heat up the butter and half & half in the microwave or on the stove.
- Put the cooked potatoes in a medium mixing bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the melted butter and half & half to the potatoes and stir with a wooden spoon until the liquid has been absorbed. Add the sour cream and stir until incorporated.
- Season with salt & pepper. Serve with gravy or without.
Pressure cook on high for 18 minutes.
Hope you enjoy this recipe.