My family was coming over for dinner and my mom had purchased a large box of a variety of beautiful meat from a restaurant supplier. I definitely did not want to mess this up. I had eight duck breasts and two racks of lamb. There was no way I could cook it all at once, so I thought the best way was to sous vide it all the day before and then all I needed to do was heat them up and brown it before dinner.
Sous Vide Rack of Lamb
2 racks of lamb
salt & pepper
1t dried herbs de provence
2T butter, room temperature
1/2t dried herbs de provence
- Fill the Instant Pot liner to the 10 cup mark. Start the script.
- Season both sides of the lamb with salt, pepper and 1t dried herbs de provence.
- Place each rack in a Ziplock bag or vacuum seal the bags and submerge them into the water bath as soon as the water is maintaining the temperature at 135 degrees F for 2 hours. Keep a thermometer in the water bath to maintain the temperature.
- Preheat the broiler. Mix the butter with 1/2t dried herbs de provence. Once the lamb is cooked pat dry the racks and place them on a sheet pan. Spread on the butter mixture and place in top rack of your oven to broil for about 3 minutes on each side until browned and caramelized.
- Let the racks rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Fan the slices and serve.
I’m not a fan of lamb but my family loved it! Hope you’ll give it a try!