I thought I had already posted this recipe but apparently not. Having lived in the Bay Area, we enjoyed a plethora of Mexican food. We don’t have nearly as many options here in Vancouver, Canada although it is getting better. More authentic Mexican restaurants are popping up. So for awhile, I had to take matters into my own hands. Here is a super easy carnitas recipe for the pressure cooker.
2lbs pork butt/shoulder roast
1 bay leaf
4 garlic cloves, bruised
1T kosher salt
1-2 cups of water
- Cut up the roast into 1.5″-2″ cubes and put all the ingredients in the liner of the Instant Pot.
- Close and lock the lid, making sure the sealing knob is on sealing. Start the recipe program.
- Once the cooking is done, you can release the pressure by the quick or natural pressure release.
- Option 1: Heat up a frying pan and add some oil. Fry the pieces of pork until nicely browned on both sides. Option 2: Spread the meat out on a sheet pan and place under broiler until nicely browned and turn them over and brown the other side.
- Serve with rice, beans, salsa, guacamole and sour cream. You can also make burritos or tacos.
Pressure cook on high for 45 minutes.
Let me know how they turn out for you.